Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF)
Published: 25 September 2012
Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF) of the new GMS contract - achievement, prevalence and exception reporting data 2011/12 -
The Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF) represents one of the main sources of potential income for general practices (GP surgeries) across the UK. It is a major part of the new General Medical Services (GMS) contract, introduced on 1st April 2004. Participation by general practices in the QOF is voluntary. For those that do participate, the QOF measures achievement against a range of evidence-based indicators, with points and payments awarded according to the level of achievement.
ISD publishes the following information from QOF:
- QOF points and payments achieved by GP practices
- Prevalence data for a range of conditions recorded in QOF registers
- Information on QOF exception reporting, i.e. numbers of patients excluded for reasons such as a treatment not being clinically appropriate, or the patient choosing not to attend review appointments.
For more information about QOF please see our latest publication report or follow the links to the left.
A new version of the QOF publication report for 2011/12 data was released on 07 May 2013. This is to meet requirements identified during a UK Statistics Authority assessment of the QOF publication. The changes are mainly to the commentary and there are no changes to data in the report or on the ISD website. QOF data for 2012/13 are due to be published on 24 September 2013
User Survey February to May 2013
Please can you help? Every day a steady stream of people visit the QOF pages of our website, find what they want then leave silently. We'd really like to know who you are and how you use the data so we can improve our service to you.
If you prefer you can contact us directly at nss.isdGeneralPractice@nhs.net. We'd be really interested to hear from you.
Thank you for your help.
Latest QOF data for Scotland
2011/12 data table links
- Achievements data at Scotland and NHS Board Level
- Achievements data at Community Health Partnership (CHP) level
- Achievements data at practice level - summaries
- Achievements data practice level - individual indicators
- Register and prevalence data at Scotland, NHS Board and CHP level
- Scotland Performs - Dementia data for HEAT target [41kb]
- Exception reporting in clinical indicators