Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF)
Published: 24 September 2013
Quality & Outcomes (QOF) of the new GMS contract - achievement, prevalence and exception reporting data 2012/13
The Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF) represents one of the main sources of potential income for general practices (GP surgeries) across the UK. It is a major part of the new General Medical Services (GMS) contract, introduced on 1st April 2004. Participation by general practices in the QOF is voluntary. For those that do participate, the QOF measures achievement against a range of evidence-based indicators, with points and payments awarded according to the level of achievement.
ISD publishes the following information from QOF:
- QOF points and payments achieved by GP practices
- Prevalence data for a range of conditions recorded in QOF registers
- Information on QOF exception reporting, i.e. numbers of patients excluded for reasons such as a treatment not being clinically appropriate, or the patient choosing not to attend review appointments.
For more information about QOF please see our latest publication report or follow the links to the left.
September 2013 - Quality & Outcomes (QOF) of the new GMS contract - achievement, prevalence and exception reporting data covering April 2012 to March 2013 was released on 24 September 2013. Please see link in "Latest Publications" box on right of this page.
Please can you help? Every day a steady stream of people visit the QOF pages of our website, find what they want then leave silently. We'd really like to know who you are and how you use the data so we can improve our service to you.
If you prefer you can contact us directly at nss.isdGeneralPractice@nhs.net. We'd be really interested to hear from you.
Thank you for your help.
Latest QOF data for Scotland
2012/13 data table links
- Achievements data at Scotland and NHS Board Level
- Achievements data at Community Health Partnership (CHP) level
- Achievements data at practice level - summaries
- Achievements data practice level - individual indicators
- Register and prevalence data at Scotland, NHS Board and CHP level
- Scotland Performs - Dementia data for HEAT target [41kb]
- Exception reporting in clinical indicators