The 2013 SALSUS reports provide information on: prevalence of smoking, drinking and drug use; frequency of substance misuse; sources and availability of cigarettes, alcohol and drugs and pupils' attitudes to substance misuse. It also provides information on: family circumstances, parental knowledge and monitoring of children's activities; and attitudes to school, leisure activities, personal wealth and health. The SALSUS 2013 survey results are reported using a new format:
- National Overview - The National Overview summarises the main survey findings, including prevalence and trends.
- Topic Reports - Three reports covering each of the different substance use topics ('smoking', 'alcohol use' and 'drug use') in detail.
- Local Summaries - The local summaries provide the key findings for each NHS Board, Local Authority and Alcohol & Drug Partnership (ADP).
- Interactive Excel Tables - Complementing the reports and summaries are new, interactive Excel tables which present both national and local statistics together for the first time.
- Technical Report - A Technical Report covering the survey methodology.
- 2013 Questionnaire - The 2013 questionnaire and a document detailing the changes in questions from 2010 to 2013.
- Education Resource - A teaching aid to allow young people and their teachers to easily connect with the results of the survey and to explore related issues.
|Health Board||Local Area|
|Ayrshire & Arran||East Ayrshire; North Ayrshire; South Ayrshire|
|Dumfries & Galloway|
|Eilean Siar (Western Isles)|
|Forth Valley||Clackmannanshire; Falkirk; Stirling|
|Grampian||Aberdeen City; Aberdeenshire; Moray|
|Greater Glasgow & Clyde||East Dunbartonshire; East Renfrewshire; Glasgow City; Inverclyde; Renfrewshire; West Dunbartonshire|
|Highland||Argyll & Bute; Highland|
|Lanarkshire||North Lanarkshire; South Lanarkshire|
|Lothian||East Lothian; Edinburgh City; Midlothian; West Lothian; Mid & East Lothian|
|Tayside||Angus; Dundee City; Perth & Kinross|
|These PDF files are full colour reports with graphics. For anyone experiencing accessibility issues, text-only versions of the reports are available on request.|