Welcome to the Workforce section of the Information Services Division website. ISD collects a variety of information on staff employed in NHS Scotland, an overview of which is presented in the following web pages.
The information collected and presented within this section is used by ISD and NHS Boards to support local, regional and national workforce planning, and will only be used and disclosed in connection with these purposes. Links to relevant documentation and policy guidance can be found here.
The latest National Statistics publication of Workforce Information, for data as at 30th September 2016 was released on the 6th December 2016 and contains information on:
- Trend data for all staff in post across all job families incorporating indicators such as age, gender, contract type, Agenda for Change band, grade, and specialty where applicable
- Vacancy numbers for nursing and midwifery, allied health professions, consultants and pharmacy
- Nursing and midwifery student intakes, students in training and progression rates
- Number of Clinical nurse specialists split by age, gender, contract type and specialty
- Consultant Contract detail including information on signed off job plans and programmed activities
- Number of NHS dentists split by age, gender and Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation
Data for general practitioners (GPs) is no longer included in this publication. You can find the latest GP data via the ISD GP Workforce page here.